Does your smartphone or mobile device have all of your attention? It might be time to give yourself some breathing room and limit your use. You don’t have to quit cold turkey, but there are ways to reduce your use. Challenge yourself to step back, set boundaries and relieve some stress.
Here are some tips to help you set limits to maintain a healthy relationship with your devices:
- Track how much time you spend connected. There are different apps available to help you track usage and set daily limits to maintain a healthy balance.
- Start setting reasonable limits each week to cut back on your usage.
- Give yourself a break from social media. Spend a day without posting or checking your feed. If a day is too much time, start smaller and gradually increase your time to unplug.
- Turn off notifications to avoid distractions throughout the day.
- Set limits on answering emails after hours. Give yourself time to recharge. You’ll avoid burnout and be more productive.
A digital diet is a great way to preserve conversation and human interaction.