Eating fruits and veggies can help lower your risk of heart disease, stroke and other chronic diseases like diabetes. Whether they are fresh, frozen, or canned, the benefits far outweigh the harm of eating lots of junk or comfort food!
Here are some ways eating fruits and vegetables can jumpstart your health:
- Eating at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day will help to ensure that you’re getting the essential nutrients your body needs to thrive.
- Fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of dietary fiber, which can help to maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems.
- Snacking on fruits and veggies throughout the day can help maintain a healthy weight.
- Consuming fruits and veggies that consist of large amounts of water can help you stay hydrated.
- Fruits and vegetables contain many vitamins and minerals that provide the energy you need to exercise and preform daily tasks without feeling drained.