Getting bored with your physical activity regime? Think outside of the box and choose fun activities to help shed the pounds. Here are six ways to mix it up.
- Enjoy dancing? Join a Zumba or dance class to get your heart pumping.
- Need motivation? Work out with friends or join walking or jogging clubs to help keep you accountable.
- Want to beat the heat? Keep cool and start swimming. It’s an excellent low-impact cardiovascular activity.
- Does gardening make you happy? Burn up to 330 calories an hour for light yard work or gardening, depending on your size.
- Are sports more your thing? Golf, tennis, softball, basketball and volleyball are all wonderful ways to mix up your routine.
- Want to feel younger? Dust off your bicycle or skates and go for a spin around the neighborhood like you did when you were younger. You won’t even know you’re exercising.
Engaging in moderate physical activity for a minimum of 30 minutes, five days a week can greatly improve your overall health.