Here are some of the factors that cause high blood pressure:
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Eating too much salt
- Eating a diet low in potassium, magnesium and calcium
You can lower your blood pressure with medication and/or lifestyle changes. Here are some lifestyle changes that may help you control blood pressure:
- Maintain a healthy weight or lose weight
- Eat less salt and salty foods
- Exercise regularly
- Limit alcohol to two drinks a day for men and one drink a day for women
- Control stress
Talk to your healthcare provider about what is right for you.
Click here to understand your numbers!