We’ve all been through a lot lately. As we continue to persevere, let’s find joy in making our mental health a priority.
It’s important to remember that our mental health is just as important as our physical health. Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social well-being. Take a moment to figure out what makes you happy. Whether it’s a 5-minute meditation or a brisk walk around the block, be sure to prioritize your mental health.
Try these strategies for a healthier outlook!
- Look for opportunities to laugh! Laughing helps release mood boosting endorphins.
- Get enough sleep. Adults usually need seven to eight hours of sleep each night. Be sure to limit technology use before going to bed.
- Get moving! Physical activity is great for our emotional health. It increases serotonin levels, leading to improved mood and energy.
- Set healthy boundaries. This can be anything from not checking your email at a certain time to not attending every event you’re invited to.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Getting support from a mental health professional or someone you trust is also self-care, and you deserve the support.