One of the best things you can do to improve your health this year is to visit your primary care provider. Annual wellness visits help focus on preventive care, health screenings and wellness planning. Seeing a health care provider gives you the opportunity to take charge of your health and well-being by having a conversation about your health status and goals.
Here are some important things to consider when visiting a primary care provider for your annual wellness visit.
· When scheduling an appointment, ask if fasting before the visit is necessary.
· Be prepared to discuss your medical history.
· Know what medications and/or supplements you are taking.
· Make a list of your other health care providers.
· Prepare a list of questions about your health concerns.