This holiday season will be unlike any other. The coronavirus pandemic will force many of us to come up with new and creative ways to celebrate with family, friends and co-workers. But there’s no reason to be discouraged! Some ideas may even turn into new traditions for years to come. Remain hopeful and make this year’s festivities special.
- Manage stress by getting plenty of sleep. With more intimate and virtual gatherings, there won’t be any big parties to plan. Take advantage of that extra time and get some rest.
- Focus on quality time and truly celebrate the ones you love.
- Do something to nurture yourself like maintaining healthy habits, meditating or starting a journal.
- Adjust your expectations. Accept that the holidays will look different this year. Take this opportunity to be flexible, creative and resilient.
- Look at the big picture. Take time to give thanks for what you have right now and remain hopeful for the year to come.