It’s easy to overindulge during the holidays, but practicing fundamental healthy behaviors can give you the power to lower calories and maintain your weight through New Year’s Day.
Follow these simple strategies for a healthier holiday season:
- Weigh yourself every day until New Year’s Day. This is the number one most powerful strategy reported by people who are successful weight managers.
- Set a daily goal for vegetables and fruits. These low calorie foods help you crowd out the higher fat and higher calorie temptations.
- Set a daily goal for daily physical activity. Exercise can help burn calories and lower stress that’s often heightened during the holidays.
- Set a daily water goal to stay hydrated. Colder weather, more sweets, salt and alcohol dehydrates your body and makes you feel tired and hungry. Staying hydrated can help you avoid giving in to cravings.
- Keep a record to track your progress. If you see yourself getting off course, make adjustments and stay in control.