As COVID-19 continues to spread, it’s more critical than ever to take precautions to lessen your chances of contracting the flu. Flu season is just around the corner and getting a flu vaccination now may help you avoid the winter blues.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone 6 months and older receive a flu shot every year. There are some exceptions so be sure to talk to your health care provider about what’s right for you.
While the flu vaccine is your first line of defense against the flu virus, healthy habits can increase your protection. Take these steps to reduce the spread of germs:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home if you are ill.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
• Wash your hands to protect yourself from germs.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Get plenty of sleep, exercise, manage your stress, drink plenty of water and eat more fruits and vegetables.
Source: Centers for Disease Control