An important detail to remember when creating a routine is recognizing what works for you and your family. There is no standard blueprint! Take time to assess everyone’s responsibilities, needs and wants. Once you’ve evaluated the general lifestyle and behaviors of your family, try setting times for:
- Waking up in the morning
- Eating breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Homework and recreational activities
- Housework and cleaning schedules
- Play time, family time and outdoor play
- Bath times, mealtimes, nap times and bedtimes
Sticking to a routine can lower stress, improve mental health and reduce anxiety. Start mapping out your family’s schedule to kick-start a healthier life.