Parents across the country are gearing up for another school year, but the COVID-19 pandemic has forced many to make adjustments. While supporting your child’s learning at home can be overwhelming, there are some strategies that can help ease the stress of it all.
- Choose a special space with lots of natural lighting
- Set a schedule and post it where you and your child can view it every day
- Remove clutter and distractions that might take your child’s attention away from learning
- Select comfortable seating like a straight back chair to help keep your child alert
- Keep supplies, devices and books organized; making sure everything has a home can save time and help your child stay focused
Trying some of these ideas with your at-home learning space will help nurture your child's creativity and increase their focus and motivation for learning.