Here are five reasons why you should replace sugary drinks with water:
- People who consume sugary drinks regularly, at least one to two cans a day, have a 26% greater risk of developing type 2 diabetes than people who do not.
- A typical 20-ounce soda contains 15 to 18 teaspoons of sugar and up to 240 calories.
- Water keeps every part of your body working properly, including digestion, circulation and maintaining body temperature.
- Having a glass of water before each meal helps to curb your appetite and make you feel fuller.
- Drinking water hydrates the body and improves your skin.