- Manage stress. Find support, connect socially and get plenty of sleep.
- Prepare food safely by washing hands and surfaces often, avoid cross-contamination, cook foods to proper temperatures and refrigerate foods promptly.
- Eat fruits and vegetables which pack nutrients and help lower the risk for certain diseases. Limit your portion sizes and foods high in fat, salt and sugar.
- Be active for at least two and a half hours a week and help kids be active for at least one hour a day.
- Start the new year off right: Ask your health care provider what exams and screenings you need and when to get them.
Source: Centers for Disease Control