Consider these common signs of mental illness:
- Excessive worrying or fear
- Feeling excessively sad or low
- Confused thinking or problems concentrating and learning
- Extreme mood changes, including uncontrollable “highs” or feelings of euphoria
- Prolonged or strong feelings of irritability or anger
- Avoiding friends and social activities (Read more.)
Don’t be afraid to reach out to your primary care physician if you or someone you know needs help. Learning all you can about mental health is an important first step.