Looking for a special treat to beat this summer's heat? Not only is this salad full of hydrating fruits, it also gives the perfect balance between tangy and sweet! Serve this savory salad and keep you and your family hydrated this summer.
To make ahead, prepare the syrup and clean and chop the fruit and refrigerate separately. Toss the fruit and syrup together just before it’s time to serve.
One serving of this dish is about 3/4 cup. Serves 12.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 tablespoon lime rind, grated
- 4 cups pineapple, cubed
- 3 cups strawberries, quartered
- 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups mangoes, peeled and cubed
1. Make the syrup by combining the sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook for a minute until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove pan from heat, stir in the basil and lime rind. Cool. Strain to discard the solids.
3. Combine the fruits in a large bowl. Drizzle with the syrup. Toss gently and enjoy!
Total Fat 0.4g